How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joy Nicholas Your Own Question
Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1603
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joy Nicholas is online now

Can company ignore emails about the payslips, and for how

This answer was rated:

Can company ignore emails about the payslips, and for how long?
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm do they owe you money?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I think so, I have calculated wages and they are wrong on the payslip. I mean not as per contract.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Lets chat online, call looks expensive.
Hi, thank you for your message. No they should not ignore emails about payslip and should pay you any money you are due.
Hi thank you for . If you have been underpaid I would recommend the following:
1)Check what your contract or any other written agreement says about your employer taking money from your wages. If you think they’ve taken money wrongly, you should get together any evidence that will support what you’re saying,
2) gather all evidence proving underpayment I.e. payslips, bank statements, contract showing how much you should be paid etc
2) speak informally with the employer, I.e HR or payroll. Ask them to explain anything you don’t understand on your payslip or why you haven’t been paid.
3) write a formal letter to the employer attaching all the evidence and ask them to investigate the matter
4) if this does not help if you are a member of a union speak to the union. If you’re in a trade union, they might be able to negotiate with your employer for you. If you’re not in a union, find out if there’s one at your workplace that you can join. You might find details in your staff handbook, intranet or on notice boards at work.
5) Check if your employer has a formal grievance procedure you can use. Even if they haven’t, you can still raise a grievance - for example by writing a letter. Explain why you think you haven’t been paid enough and include copies of any evidence.
6)If your grievance doesn’t get the result you want, you can take your employer to a tribunal. You'll have to notify Acas first. Acas is an organisation that provides independent support to help sort out employment disputes. They'll see if your employer will agree to a process called ‘early conciliation' - a way to resolve dcontacisputes without going to a tribunal.
7) Your last resort is to take your employer to a tribunal
I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today.
Joy Nicholas and other Law Specialists are ready to help you