Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Is there any legal basis for witchcraft claims in the UK? A

Customer Question

Is there any legal basis for witchcraft claims in the UK? A father is suspected of causing his own children harm through powers of witchcraft. Basically one of the kids always cries hysterically when at family home because she sees a spider constantly chasing her. When this child lives elsewhere( grandparents home) nothing of the sort happens! Closed doors are reported to open out of nowhere.. The other child has continual spasms which have medically not been solved, but, in fact are also linked to witchcraft.
a) How do you prove such in a court of law?
b) How are the father’s paternity rights affected?
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 14 days ago.
Courts in the UK do not recognise witchcraft claims or at least have not done for a long time therefore it Would not be possible to prove it. If you have concerns for the children you should report this to social services. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thanks. This helps a lot.
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 6 days ago.

Glad I could help, can you please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen)? Then Just Answer will credit me for helping you.