How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4033
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

My parents set up if either of them passed which my father

Customer Question

My parents set up if either of them passed which my father has the solicitor would handle everything, he was advised of dads death, but he never cane to vist to sought things out with Mum, she went and saw him, but he never helped he will not anewer he wont ans, e-mails ( I have 2brothers I sister) hw wont speak to any one except my eldest brother who has done things which are not right, when mum was not of full capacity he got her to sign a letter from the bank for him to have control, solicitor has LPA. we belive he know has control. but he will not confirm this will us 3., Mum is now in a care home but she has 75% capacity. she seem s she cannot do anything with out my brothers, say so, she has no "funds" in her purse, and cannot have any of her "slush Fund" with out my brothers say so. My father had faith in this solicitor, and he is not doing his job in protacting mums finances, they worked hard to be able to have this care, and he did not wont the family to get in volived with the finances, all this was confirmed in a letter to all of us in nov.2011. What can I do, I don't wont to know how much mum has, I just wont know the solicitor is doing his job properly, ( I get into my parents bungalow because my brother had the locks changed for no resean and I don't have a key.) there is so much more going on. but I have lost faith in this man. My father passed away april2018. he would be so angrey he put his faith in this man and practice, who had been dealing with since the 60s.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: no I have not, donot have the monies to do so, do we not have right to information. I don't wont reports every month, but I sent e-mails of every thing that was happening to him and no response, we were advised to speak to him has he was handling my parents affsirs.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: I don't know what steps to take
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the list is endless. I just wont to be able to confirm the things are being done correctly. perhaps the non comuction is he has something to say. The only e-mail we had was to confirm no family would look after our parents, when my sister advised she was moving in. parents worked hard and planned to have lived in carer which dad did not but Mum did, until my brother got her to cancel the carer, and he put her into the care home.she did not wont to go, but after a spell in hospital, he said it would be best.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 6 months ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for your enquiry and your patience. Is your brother your father’s estate Executor please?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no . none of the family have that power. LPA is with the solicitor total with everything
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 6 months ago.
Your brother can not therefore be doing anything to deprive you of accessing your parents’ home. As your father and mother’s child you have every right to challenge the solicitor. They were engaged in their professional capacity and if they are not managing the estate correctly you should send a written complaint to the firm and if they do not resolve to your satisfaction you can complain to the Legal Ombudsman. As far as LPA status is concerned you can apply to the court of protection for their removal if they are not managing mom’s affairs in her best interests. For this I would say consider appointing a solicitor as the process can get quite complex procedurally. I hope this helps and I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience. All the best