C.Cornel
C.Cornel, Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Lawyer at Legal Group
105439980

I have a question regarding my letting agent who is saying

Customer Question

Hello there. I have a question regarding my letting agent who is saying he not required to fix my sink and wants to charge me for it. It seems like such a minor thing to complain about but I've lived here for 6 years, I employ professional cleaners and gardeners and recently had a rental increase. For him to charge me for this has made me so cross.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Thirsk, North Yorkshire
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Sent him an email.saying I dont agree and that I want him to sort it out
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really
Expert:  C.Cornel replied 7 days ago.

Hello.

Based on your circumstances, I do agree that charging you for fixing the sink is unreasonable and potentially unlawful.

The terms of your tenancy agreement will have an effect in regards to the matter as well.

What is the charge amount for the sink?