12826847

I have POA for my brother who is currently in hospital. His

Customer Question

I have POA for my brother who is currently in hospital. His daughter has changed the locks and I cannot get in the house. Neither can his carers.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: no this has only just happened his daughter lives there refuses to pay rent and does not have permission from the courts, as he is under POA to live there rent free is classed as a gift. I need access for social services etc to visit the house to do an assessment also the carers will need access.
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I need to know if changing the locks without permission is classed as criminal damage
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was told I would have to wait 8 mins for response, it's now 10 hours, please cancel and refund my payment.
Expert:  Ross Miller replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I wondered if you were still looking for help with this matter?