SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I just want to know if I have a legal case here Assistant:

I just want to know if I have a legal case here
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Birmingham UK
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: The situation is very.. unique. All I've done is try to recover an account
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Can you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
As i said, this is awkward and unusual but it does mean a lot to me. An account of mine has been hacked. I have no idea how they acquired my details but they've now changed the email to theirs so i cant access it anymore.I have contacted the company to try an explain the situation but they don't seem to read emails. I have plenty of proof to prove this is my account.

Who is the Company?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Niantic. The game is pokemon go.

So they are not based in the UK?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
they have an office in London
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
based in the US i believe.

Have you tried them on twitter?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I dont have twitter but a friend of mine did try, he got the same answer
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
since the email has been changed (and i have no access to this new email), they cant help apparently.

Ok. Do you know their address in London at all?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok, my bad. It doesnt look like Niantic labs have an office in the UK. Just San Francisco.

Ah ok. I probably can't help then as you have posted in UK law

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok, thanks for your time

Sorry........ Good luck with this.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You can sign in 2 ways. They told me the hacker signed in via the Pokémon website (PTC)
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
London,
United Kingdom
Building 4 566 Chiswick High Rd
Hi, thank you for your enquiry and your patience. What account are you trying to recover please? And what has been the obstacle?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm trying to recover a Pokémon go account. The issue is that because the hacker has changed the associated email, I no longer have access to the credentials. Niantic labs said they can't do anything because I don't have access to the email.Just to refresh, I do have lots of evidence to prove this is my account, they just don't care about it and are only interested in the email.
I am aware Niantic labs is not registered in the UK but do you know if they have a trading office in the UK please?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You can sign in 2 ways, email (what I use) and the PTC (Pokémon trainers club) the hacker accessed the acyvia PTC.PTC and niantic are different, I have been in touch with both and they say the same thing.London,
United Kingdom
Building 4 566 Chiswick High Rd
You clearly need access to your account, it has been hacked and therefore inability to access is not your fault. They must have a way to protect accounts or release them once hacked. You have a UK address for them so you could consider sending a letter threatening that you will apply for an injunction order against them if they do not respond or take appropriate action within 7 days. You could make an urgent application without having to give notice if you are suffering a detriment as a result of no access. I would suggest getting a solicitor or public access barrister to help you with this.
I hope this helps and I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience. All the best.
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience: Director and Principal Solicitor. UK