How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1970
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

How to adopt a child, a family member from abroad?

This answer was rated:

How to adopt a child , a family member from abroad?
Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: No, just making inquiries.
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do they live in?
Customer: No, I live in South East.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Child in question is my niece, 13y/o from Philippines.

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see fi I may be able to assist.

In order to adopt your niece you would have to demonstrate that:

  • she cannot be cared for in a safe environment in the Philippines
  • the adoption would be in their best interests
  • you have been assessed as eligible and suitable to adopt from overseas by an adoption agency in the UK

If you want to adopt a child from overseas, you should contact either:

It is perhaps best for you to use a voluntary adoption agency. That way you would receive more specialist and focused assistance.

Here is where you can get some assistance re voluntary adoption agencies:

I hope I was able to help. Kindly let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Kindly take the time to indicate you have accepted the answer given by clicking on the stars at the top of your screen.

All the best


ReadyLaw and 8 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for your respond,
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Please could you tell me where to obtain a adoption afflication form.

You are welcome. Click on the link I sent you in my initial response. You will be able to obtain the form from that organization. Best wishes

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you.I do not need any further service. Fe keenan