Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I have been requested to attend fact finding interview as

Good afternoon, I have been requested to attend fact finding interview as witness in relation to previous communication. I have received emailed letter informing me that my company is to interview me regarding alleged relationship between one of our employees and our supplier (company). I can only assume reason or subject of the enquiry and considering it may be result of my discussion with line manager (all in confidence and stating to be of the record prior conducting discussion, no intention to act as whistleblower) what are my options?
If I repeat statement made colleague of mine will be disciplined on other hand my line manager may create difficulties for me at work.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

What are you ideally hoping to achieve in the circumstances, please?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Not to compromise my position and job if poss avoid to implement colleague

Thank you. If you are asked to attend such a meeting you would be expected to comply and to truthfully answer any questions they may have. Whilst you cannot be forced to answer any specific question, unless you wanted to, refusing to do so could raise suspicions with the employer, unless you genuinely did not know the answer to it, in which case you need to make that clear. It is therefore difficult to say how to prepare for such a meeting as you simply do not know what questions will be asked and the line of investigation the employer is trying to follow. I appreciate you do not want to cause difficulties for your colleague but you also have to remember that your priority should be to look after yourself so do not jeopardise your own position for the sake of potentially not affecting someone else’s. It can be a fine balance, but unless you know the questions in advance, there is little you can do to prepare yourself so you need to attend first and see what queries have been asked of you and then answer them truthfully, or not answer them at all, assuming you do not have the answers.

Does this answer your query?

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you

Hello, not sure if you are having trouble seeing my posts? I have not heard back from you since posting my answer and just need to know if your query has been resolved. If you could please post a quick reply to confirm I would be very grateful. Thank you

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Apology my meeting is tomorrow so have overlooked to reply and yes thank you your answer have addressed my enquires

No worries at all and best wishes