JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

Im tired to get refund from opodo company Assistant: Where

Customer Question

Im tired to get refund from opodo company
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: london
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I call many times to custumer service and try resolve problem
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I buy ticket via opodo web about 6 weeks ago but one flight was declient than I call to opodo and cancel my booking on same day
I get answer that full tefund in next 7 to 10 working days but this never happen. I call about 10 times to custumer service and every times somone tell me refund will be in next 24h than 48h than 72h... many times they say not true and send me few email with conformation about refund time but I still dont get my money.
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 8 days ago.

Hello, my name is Jim and I am a qualified lawyer happy to help you this evening.

I would recommend that you send Opodo a formal letter before action to demand payment within 14 days and say that if they do not pay you, you will issue county court proceedings against them. See attached template as an example of what to say. Please let me know if you cannot see the letter which I have uploaded. You will need to tailor this letter to your situation.

Their address is : Opodo Limited, Waterfront, Hammersmith Embankment, Chancellor's Road, London, W6 9RU

You may also want to threaten a report to Trading Standards given the fact they have not reimbursed you.

You will need to register at http://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk so that you are ready to issue the claim in the event they dispute the claim and do not pay you. The website is very user-friendly and you would not need a lawyer to use the money claim site. Claims with a value of under £10,000 are classed as a "small claim", so legal costs are not recoverable and the matter may be dealt with on paper by a Judge, not at a hearing. A hearing may be necessary if the court thinks that oral evidence is required to dispose of the case.

You would claim the sum for the loss, the court issue fee (details of the money claim fees are listed here at page 5: http://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/court-fees) and court interest which is 8% calculated on a daily rate from the date of loss to date of court judgment. The site allows you to calculate the interest and add it to the claim.

If you are on a low income or have low savings (or in receipt of benefits), you can ask the court for a fee remission so you do not have to pay the court issue fee. If this applies, let me know as you cannot use the online money claims site – you have to use the paper N1 claim form and the EX160 fee remission form (I have copies).

If you win then once you have the CCJ from the court the defendant has 14 days to pay in full. If they do not then it gets registered with the credit agencies after 30 days. You can also enforce the CCJ with the county court bailiffs or transfer the debt to the High Court for a small additional fee assuming the total amount owed is at least £600 and you can use the high court enforcement officers who have greater powers than county court bailiffs. The transfer fee is added on to the debt and payable by the defendant.

There are other enforcement methods which I can help with, including bank account freeze, charging order on their property (and then apply to force a sale), application to wind up the company if £750 or more is owed, apply to summons them to court for questioning, all of which can ensure you are actually repaid the money.

You may find they just pay you after receiving the letter before action – hopefully they will want to avoid litigation.

I hope this helps - if you can please accept the answer and give me a 5 star rating (there should be a button at the top of your screen to do this), I can answer follow up Q&A's at no extra charge and Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Many thanks,

Jim

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 8 days ago.

I hope I have answered your question. Let me know if anything requires clarification. In the meantime if you could either leave a star rating, or reply “yes”, I would be very grateful.

Many thanks,

Jim