How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1836
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

Assistant: How can I help? I had a minor road offence by

Customer Question

Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I had a minor road offence by drying with provisional licence and was give a fine and I sent out my license on time before the due date
Assistant: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: now I got a letter from court asking me to plead guilty or not
Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: will this affect my naturalisation process?
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: State is England
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was given a fine of £100 to pay or appear in court for driving without a full license
I paid the fine before due date and sent out my license for a three point to be put on it now I receive a letter asking me to make a plea of guilty or not.
Question: why do I have to do that after responding to my offence and paid on time also will this affects my naturalisation process?
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 6 months ago.

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be of assistance .

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can you please respond to the question about?
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 6 months ago.

Kindly attach a copy of the letter you received for me to review

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was actually guilty of driving without a full license but I paid my penalty as requested and sent in my driving license for 3 points why am I getting a letter from the court
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I prefer you call please
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 6 months ago.

Kindly give me a minute to read the attachment. Wont be a minute.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for your patience.

Usually the paying of the fine would be sufficient and no further action should be taken. However, there are some instances where you may be required to enter a formal plea. Now, as you have paid the fine, that is, in essence, an admission of guilt. I would therefore suggest that you select the option that you plead guilty. Return the documents by post. In doing so, you will be able to include the information regarding you having already paid the fine prior to receiving the notice.

Kindly let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Kindly indicate whether you have accepted the response given by clicking on the stars at the top of the screen.

All the best