Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

Another question regarding my fathers death. My father was

Customer Question

Another question regarding my fathers death.
My father was 90 when he died. I understand that he did not have a flu jab or a pneumonia jab and he died of pneumonia and his wife had a really bad cold at the time and was coughing all the time. Is it illegal to not have the jabs when someone is advanced in years
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 8 months ago.

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and will be able to resolve your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer. However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

There is no legal obligation i.e. a "duty of care" on a healthcare provider such as a GP or a hospital or private healthcare clinic to approach potential patients to invite or induce them into receiving healthcare. Only when the patient presents at the healthcare provider will a duty of care arise.

Therefore, I do not see any cause of action in "contract" or "tort" i.e. personal injury clinical negligence between the family of your late father and the NHS for him not receiving the 'flu jab and therefore the family cannot bring a damages claim in the name of your late father's estate.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you, but I must be as honest as possible with you in order to act in your best interests.

I hope this resolves your enquiry. Please revert to me if you have any further questions and I will be delighted to assist.

Otherwise, I shall be grateful if you will please mark your enquiry as “Closed” and give me a “Positive” rating in order to conclude this matter.

LawyerEd

Do you still need expert assistance in this matter?

Please revert to me if you have any further questions and I will be delighted to assist.

LawyerEd