How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7230
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I have been in the uk as a student my brp expires on monday.

Customer Question

I have been in the uk as a student my brp expires on monday. I have a passport that allows me 6 months visit visa to the uk should I leave and re-enter to get all my stuff done before I leave the country for good?
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I have saint Lucia passport
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: I dont need a visa
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just need to collect my stuff from my house finish up with my landlord and leave on the 28th of January
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have entered the uk on my BRP on the 30th of December and I left to amsterdam to reenter as a tourist just to pick up the rest of my stuff and finish up with my land lord
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What should I tell the home office officer when I come back with my passport and not using my BRP
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 7 months ago.


Where are you currently? In the UK?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm in Amsterdam
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I just left the uk as I was advised by an immigration officer
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 7 months ago.

Thank you.

Yes, you may fly to the UK on your passport and explain why you need to be in the UK i.e. to wind up your affairs.

It would be helpful if you have an onward ticket showing you will exit the UK after your visit.

The immigration officer has the discretion whether or not to allow you entry.

All the best. Please click on 5 stars