INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Assistant: How can I help? I had a 12 month contract with

Customer Question

Good morning,
Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I had a 12 month contract with Virgin Media. After 6 month I had to move from my home to another area where Virgin is not available. They ask me to pay off the rest of the contract term, so 6 months in 1 amount.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Are they allowed to do it?
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I moved from Hertfordshire to Kent.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Haven't done anything yet. Just received the final bill.
Expert:  INC Law replied 14 days ago.

Thank you for your query. If younhave entered into a service contract for a specific period of time, say 12 months, and you choose to love during the term of the contract, unless the service is transferred across, you will.be liable fo pay the amount due under the contract for the remainder of the term. Therefore, yes Virgin are able to do this.

I am sorry if this was not the answer you were expecting.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.