12826847

Assistant: How can I help? I have recently separated from my

Customer Question

Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have recently separated from my long term partner due to discovering he’s been unfaithful. We have two small children and a house to sell. I am on the mortgage but I was wondering if you could give some advise regarding money that was gifted to us for buying. The house. From both sets of parents.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Suffolk UK
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: He’s moved in with his parents. We’d agreed verbally that he’d pay the mortgage and the children and I could stay their in lieu for him not paying child maintenance. As it worked out the same costs. He now says he wants to sell the house as his parents are pressuring him to move out and that they want the money gifted back.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don’t think so
Expert:  INC Law replied 7 days ago.

Thank you for your query. Are you married?

Are you jointly named on the title deeds?

If so, is there a Declaration of Trust setting out the amount out un by each persons respective parents?