INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I joined a dating agency and paid for one months

Customer Question

I joined a dating agency and paid for one months subscription before the end of the month i emailed them to cancel my membership.
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: But they still charged me for a whole year, now i have a debt collector letter for 190 euro I am in Derbyshire in UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: nothing since getting the letter
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: there are a lot of reviews on this dating site where they have done the same to many people, they make it almost impossible to leave and then charge you anyway for the year
Expert:  INC Law replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for your query. Have you raised a dispute with the debt collection agency?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No I didn't think they would care about the details
Expert:  INC Law replied 6 months ago.

I see you have requested a telephone call but your payment method has failed

Expert:  INC Law replied 5 months ago.

I would suggest yo raise a dispute with the debt collection agency. They will then refer the matter back to the Claimant to deal with the dispute. Alternatively, if you ignore it, they can issue a County Court Judgement against you.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

many thanks,