How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 15060
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

I joined a dating agency and paid for one months

Customer Question

I joined a dating agency and paid for one months subscription before the end of the month i emailed them to cancel my membership.
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: But they still charged me for a whole year, now i have a debt collector letter for 190 euro I am in Derbyshire in UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: nothing since getting the letter
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: there are a lot of reviews on this dating site where they have done the same to many people, they make it almost impossible to leave and then charge you anyway for the year
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  INC Law replied 6 months ago.


Thank you for your query. Have you raised a dispute with the debt collection agency?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No I didn't think they would care about the details
Expert:  INC Law replied 6 months ago.


I see you have requested a telephone call but your payment method has failed

Expert:  INC Law replied 5 months ago.


I would suggest yo raise a dispute with the debt collection agency. They will then refer the matter back to the Claimant to deal with the dispute. Alternatively, if you ignore it, they can issue a County Court Judgement against you.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

many thanks,