Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I have recently closed my business down with companies house

Good morning, I have recently closed my business down with companies house but when I went to close my business bank account and move my remaining monies out, the bank said it had been shut by The Crown. I had £18k in there, can I get the monies back?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Submitted the DS01 form but haven’t submitted my final accounts
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I don’t think so
you can though you will need to use a procedure called administrative restoration otherwise you have to get a court order to get the company restored and the money returned. Send Companies House:a completed application for administrative restoration (form RT01)
a cheque for £100, payable to ‘Companies House’
any outstanding documents, such as accounts or confirmation statements (previously annual returns)
any filing fees or penalty payments
if your company had assets, a waiver letter from Bona Vacantia
You can get the RT01 form here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/apply-for-administrative-restoration-to-the-register-rt01
If your application has been successful, your company will be restored as soon as the registrar sends you a confirmation letter and you can then get the funds sent to a company account from the treasury solicitors, you will need to set up a new business account. You can then withdraw the funds and close the account again.
I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.