How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Chendo Your Own Question
Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1747
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
Type Your Law Question Here...
Anthony Chendo is online now

I had a leak under the sink. The water was dripping over a

This answer was rated:

Good morning. I had a leak under the sink. The water was dripping over a socket and we were at risk of having a short circuit at home. Landlord was notified and didn't send a plumber as requested. We contacted a plumber and the landlord said he would pay the costs. Because it was too expensive he's refusing to pay and we don't know if he will ask us to leave the property
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Nottingham
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I've requested the landlord to send a plumber the first time was May 2018 to fix the toilet flush. They never send anyone. Now we had the problem with the leak under the sink so we contacted the landlord again requesting a plumber. We texted several times, we sent pictures and we made phone calls that weren't answered. At the end we've decided do contacted a plumber ourselves. I never contacted a plumber before so I don't know how much they charge average. The landlord was notified and said we could get thing done and he would transfer me the money. Because it was very expensive they don't want to pay
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is this service free?

Welcome to JA

If you didn't cause the leak then in accordance with the law and probably the tenancy agreement between you and the landlord, the landlord is responsible to repair and maintain these sort of matters at no costs to you.

Do you understand what I have stated if yes I will proceed to the next step?

Anthony Chendo and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry I don't want phone call

Oh ok I will not call you.

The next step is I suggest you write to the landlord and inform him to either agree to pay the costs of the repairs given the inherent health risk surrounding the leak or send someone to repair the leak ASAP. Further inform him if he does not provide a response within 7 days you will file a complaint with the local council.

The local council can step in to rectify the matter or force the landlord to do same.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please can you cancel the phone call service?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Many thanks

Please contact JA customer services and inform them no call was made and you wish to cancel it.


Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How I do contact them?

Please use the link below:

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks. I already have them a phone call and they cancelled the service

Your welcome and have a good day