How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jak Bowtell Your Own Question
Jak Bowtell
Jak Bowtell, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 159
Experience:  LLB (Hons) (ling.) ( franc.) (UEA) ARAeS
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jak Bowtell is online now

Back when i was 16 in the year of Februaury 2012 i reacted a

This answer was rated:

Hi, my name is Del***** ***** back when i was 16 in the year of Februaury 2012 i reacted a twitter account, the account has not been used since 2014, i no longer have access to the account as the phone number on the account and email address is no longer in use and i don t know or have access to both i have conacted Twitter customer service to have the account deleted many times, i have also offered to send in ID etc to prove who i am, im in the profile photo with my sister and nephew. They keep stating they cannot help me as i need access to the email address associated with the account which of course i do not is their a legal way to have the account terminated?
JA: Has your nephew talked to a lawyer about this? What country does your nephew live in? If different, what country does this legal question relate to?
Customer: Ehy would my nephew need to speak to a lawyer? what does my nephew have to do with the matter have you read and understood what i have said in the message? and the country is England
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I have concated twitter many times via customer service most fo the time they completely ignore the message or replying stating they cannot help as i need to loginto etc
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: this was my latest email to them Hi, My name is Del***** ***** i am contacting you with regards ***** ***** my old account deleted, the account was created sometime in January or Februaury of 2012 i was 16 at the time, i am trying to reduce my digital footprint and i am locating old accounts to delete them, i have already deleted my IG,SC and Facebook. I wish to know the options available to me so i can have this account removed, i dont know the email address associated with the account as it was so long ago also i do not know the email address associated to the account either. I can send in proof of address ID etc proving i am who i say i am the profile photo is me Del***** *****, my sister Stephanie and my sister Stephanie, the photo was taken in london Heathrow Airport in the UK, i am requesting my data to be deleted under The Right To Be Forgotten because the data you hold on me is no longer needed and because when the data was provided i was a chield I.E. uder the age of 18 in the UK Under European Comission Law. AS you can see the account has not been active for years and i wish for it to be deleted and my data photos etc to be deleted, Also i would like to know what the address is for the Headquaters of twitter in England or EU and which department i can send a request in writing to have my data removed also if it comes to it summons for a court apperance to have a judge review my case to have my data deleted as the account is mine and i need it deleted.
Hello, I’m Jak. I will be dealing with your case, I specialise in data protection law which is the area of law this relates to. Can I just confirm that you wish for is for twitter to remove everything? Would you like a copy of all the data they hold first in a file, before they remove it?
But just from the information provided you probably won’t need to go to court! I would also get the link moved from google, which you can do using their integrated system.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I wish for them to delete the account and all infomation held, using a integrated system?
I just need a couple of minutes and I’ll be at my desk so I can give you a proper reply. Also you will need some documents drafted, I am available to do this, there would be an extra fee but it would be much much cheaper than visiting a local solicitor as we aim to provide people with advice at very low rates at JA. I can also offer you a phone call if you’d like to discuss this all.
Getting the link removed from google is a good idea and they have a good system for this, I’ll provide the details when I get to my desk. Don’t worry I can help with this and get it sorted for you!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How much would the document cost? Also what would i then do with the document? What intergrated system where you referring to?
Also I’ve just read the conversation with the automated system, seems it got a little confused there! Ignore that. Now you’re actually dealing with a human specialist. please just give me 5 mins and I’ll write out a full response to those questions when I get to my desk! I won’t be long
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Hi there, I'm now at my desk so can explain things a little better. Would you like a phone call or to go over this by messages for now?

From the information you have provided, you need a letter written which covers two areas. A consultation with me at a normally daily rate for a consultation and a letter would be around 250GBP, however as we try to give people who don't have the means to access quality specialist advice here we do thing's much cheaper. A 20 min phonecall would be 20USD and the follow up letter to be sent would be 35 USD (so that's 42 pounds in GBP for a telephone consultation and a letter drafted urgently - you have already paid a fee for written advice to you and this includes follow ups over message. Just let me know how you'd like to proceed and we can go from there.

I will offer you the premium service and you can choose to accept or reject. If you reject, I will proceed to answer your query and your follow up question as you have already paid for this service, and I'll make sure you get the information. I must stress at some point you will need to send some correspondence (carefully worded) and escalate the situation to the appropriate supervisory authority as it appears you do have a case for having your information rights violated.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi, i would like that service but would have to be at th end of the month i will contact you

That's no problem at all but in order for the case to stay with me, it's necessary for the customer to provide a positive rating, otherwise, JA will open this up for another lawyer. I'm sure many of the lawyers on here could answer, but I am a specialist in this area so it would be of benefit to you. So if you leave a positive rating, I will set out the written advice for you tonight, and then at the end of the month, if you return to the question, I will re-offer the service for the further advice and drafting of the documents you'll need to get this all sorted. Good news is, if we get this done by the end of this month, you should (according to applicable law) get the result you wanted by the end of the following month from Twitter!

I see that you have not rated, this will mean that potential your case will go to someone else. If you rate, I can also give you my contact and carry out the drafting of advice and letters for you urgently and then invoice you, payable within 30 days.

Jak Bowtell and other Law Specialists are ready to help you