INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

In October 2019 the seatpost on the bicycle I was riding

In October 2019 the seatpost on the bicycle I was riding broke and I fell of hurt my self and damaged clothing, brook a tooth. The company Planet-X refuse to acc
JA: In what state did the injury take place? And do you have medical records or other documentation?
Customer: sorry I wasn't finished, The break in the aluminum seatpost indicates a defect either in construction or in manufacturing. The shop (Planet-x) asked me to send them the defect part, so they could test them (probably by the manufactor) because they trashed the parts after ending the test and with the statement "no defects in the material or manufactoring" could explain the breaking. I have skated for a formal test report describing the test protocol etc. but have not received it yet (if ever).
JA: Has anything been filed? If so, what?
Customer: Luckily no broken bones, but a hugh hematom on my left butcheeck. And yes I have a visited a hospital getting a x-ray to ensure no fractures where in my lower back or hip. The dentist work will be start next week.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have the entire dialog on mail and some nice pictures.

Thank you for your query. what exactly is your question in relation to this?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
My question is, since Planet-X have not accepted any responsibility in this case, I have not received any compensation at all. The bicycle was purchased i august 2018 as a complete bicycle. I have not had any accident, crashes or replaced any parts. There are probably thousands of cyclist out riding this brand of seatpost - and they are in my eyes at risk. So the question is how to make them acknowledge their responsibility?

From the situation youbhave described, I would suggest that you contact a no win no fee Personal Injury Claims lawyers. If you can prove that the injury was caused by a defence tive product, you could possibly receive a compensation payment. However, it would be best for someone to assess the merits of your case based on your communications with them.

It is not as straightforward as just asking them to make a compensation payment to you. You will have to instruct lawyers to issue a claim for you.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.