INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I am really lost of where to look for help. I need to seek

Good Afternoon, I am really lost of where to look for help. I need to seek divorce with my husband but not sure where to start. I have 14 months old baby and pregnant with second baby but I cannot live with my husband anymore.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live near Manchester, UK
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None, I have tried to speak to my husband n only but he refuses it
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am happy with shared parenting, but I am scared that my children could be taken away from me.

Thank you for your query.

Even if your husband does not want a divorce, you can apply for one. The following government link will provide you with all of the details you need: https://www.gov.uk/divorce

Generally, the courts would not separate the children from the mother unless there were safeguarding issues with the children.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your response. I have looked into the link you have provided previously however what has worried me is that I have had medical history of post traumatic stress and depression which is something I am worried might affect the outcome and my husband might use against me. Also it might sound silly but my husband and his family are wealthy people however I am just a working person who has moved into country 10 years ago with no savings etc, I do have stable job and income. As he is a good father I know he would get nasty the moment he would receive the divorce papers and do everything together with his mother to separate me from my children. Do I need to seek someone to help me?
Thank you in advance for your patience and help.
Warm Regards

I would suggest you seek the services of a local divorce lawyer yourself. You will be able to find details of one on the Law Society website under the section Find A Solicitor. The web address is: www.lawsociety.org.uk

As I have answered your original question, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

Your question will not close and I will be happy to answer any follow up questions.