Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer
31642296

Me and my husband live in UK for 7 years. Firstly we lived

Hi, me and my husband live in UK for 7 years. Firstly we lived in a shared house for 3 years and for the past 4 years we rented a flat. However we were never approved to get a personal loan and we believe it could be something related with the time that we lived at the shared house and lowered our credit score? We just wanted to get this sorted and improved. Thanks
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi How can I help?

I am reading your question and will respond.

Have you checked each other credit scores?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
while ago and they were "good"

Credit reference agencies take into account a numbers of factors - missed/late payments -amount of credit already obtained etc.

How much was the amount of the loan? Was to be taken in joint names?. Any secured joint loans are also recorded on each other files.

If you apply immediately after being declined - this also makes a different how one lender looks at it.

When did you apply?