Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer
31642296

I want to know my rights when it comes to a contract

Hi, I want to know my rights when it comes to a contract
Assistant: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I would like to leave a contract but don’t feel as though the get out clause is fair
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: its personal training

Hello.

Can you attach the contract please and mention which terms of the contract you are unsatisfied with?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
This is the agreement
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I am unsatisfied that the 1st month only consisted of 3 workout sessions. And now that I have asked to leave I am told I must complete all session for the first 2 months and pay £160 as the cost of the sessions are no longer at a discounted price due to leaving the agreement

Hi How can I help?

I have gone through the contract.

The contract clearly says that you are tied in for the initial period of 3 months -even if you cancel within 24hrs or a session you will still be required to pay. The only way out is by giving notice before the expiry of 3 months so that the contract does not just continue!

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
What if we don’t receive the service we paid for?

You have signed it and confirmed this - there are no provisions saying you can come out early without paying.

If can take up the question of the service - with the trainer in respect of this. But they can rely on the contract and if you fail to pay - apply to the small court with interest etc

I appreciate it thus may not be the answer you may be looking for but I must be fair and honest. Thank you

I would be grateful if you could give me a positive rating by clicking on the above and press submit. Many thanks

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok this makes sense as I understand we signed up for a 3 month contract, I was just wondering if we had a leg to Stand on as the 1st month of the contract did not include what we signed up for in the agreement.

Your trainer can argue breach of contract.

Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer
Experience: CILEx Lawyer