C.Cornel
C.Cornel, Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Lawyer at Legal Group
105439980

My employer has contacted my doctor without my written

Hi my employer has contacted my doctor without my written permission. My employer is in receipt of a letter from my doctor which I agreed to release to my employer. However, my employer has now telephoned my doctor to ask if there were any further attachments that came with the letter? Is this a breach of Article 8 of the Human Rights Act? Or a breach of the data protection Act?
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: No not at all
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Employee
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks

Hello. Yes, such actions are illegal and unlawful without your written permission.

These actions can be classified as a breach of The Human Rights Act; Article 8 and the right to privacy.