Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

I have some gambling related legal questions Assistant:

Customer Question

I have some gambling related legal questions
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Uk
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: nothing
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
(1) is the use of somebody else’s betting account with their permission fraud by misrepresentation?

(2)if the above is not deemed as fraud, are p2p transfers funding such betting activity in any way seen as unlawful?

(3) if (1) is seen as fraudulent, ensuring the account owner places all bets can they still be funded by a third party, such as a syndicate and remains with the realms of the law?
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 5 days ago.

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and will be able to resolve your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer. However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 5 days ago.

To answer your questions in order:

1. Yes, this could be considered fraud by the account holder and the other person against the betting account provider;

2. Not relevant in view of my answer to question 1;

3. Yes, I think this is a legal way of the account holder getting around the problem and acting legally.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 5 days ago.

I hope this resolves your enquiry. Please revert to me if you have any further questions and I will be delighted to assist.

Otherwise, I shall be grateful if you will please mark your enquiry as “Closed” and give me a “Positive” rating in order to conclude this matter.

LawyerEd

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 1 day ago.

Do you still need expert assistance in this matter?

Please revert to me if you have any further questions and I will be delighted to assist.

LawyerEd