Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

I have been sent a directions questionnaire for fast track

i have been sent a directions questionnaire for fast track but the claimant is claiming between £3 - £5K is this right?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: bromley, kent bit the court that submitted the papweork is birkenhead county court
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None as yet but i need to complete the form and send it back by 24th jan
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have little funds and offered £1.5K in settlement to pay £25 a month

Welcome to JA.

I will review your question and will return to you today.

Please note this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays.

Please ignore the automated call request unless you wish to talk to me about the case.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks anthony, I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for your patience

Although the claim value is between 3-5k it doesn't mean he will recover 3-5k. This means that the claimant thinks it worth this amount. Further it doesn't mean this will be the definate amount the judge will award if the matter went to trial since the judge will have his/her own view on what the case is worth.

Do you understand what I stated so far if yes I will proceed to the next step.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i believe so. why is it being fast tracked though. the claimants solicitor initially stated it is not a defended claim and a directions questionnaire is not required. Liability has been admitted and we have offered what we can afford to pay
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i also thought that fast track was for any claims over £10K.

Fast track is for claims up to £25k.

Although the claimant stated is not a defended claim the court can still send parties a direction questionnaire as this helps them manage the claim to trial when they receive the parties response.

With regards ***** ***** offer please make the offer even though the value states higher because this may be within the range of figures the claimant is prepared to accept to settle the claim.

I hope I have clarified the position if not please let me know.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am aware of that but i dont understand why this is not going through small claims. if his solicitor has stated in their correspondence that a directions questionnaire is not required.

Even though the solicitors says one thing and you say the same thing the judge has his say and can be the opposite which can be annoying sometimes.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
we offered the amount of £1.5K but then received correspondence from the county court in birkenhead stating that this is now a defended claim and we filed a defence but we have admitted liability. the paperwork states that it is suitable for fast track and we need to complete the directions questionnaire.

Ok you state within the directions questionnaire this is not a defended claim and you want time to try and settle the claim. There will be a box which ask for any further information within the directions questionnaire. You should enter this information there.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
one more thing - i do not get notification on my email that you have responded?? can i just confirm my email is***@******.***. i need to sign off the computer now. Can i switch to a live phone call tomorrow and pay the stated amount for some further questions please?

Given this is a new query please rate the assistance provided to the initial query by clicking on the 5 stars button at the top of your screen as this will help improve the service given in future. Once rated I will proceed to consider your new question at no further costs. Please do not open a new question as I will answer it on this thread.