UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

My mum's solicitor has taken over all her money and affairs.

Hi my mum's solicitor has taken over all her money and affairs. My Dad is dead. Unfortunately my relationship with her is really bad. I'm worried about her mental health. She has agreed to me that she will pay some of my bills. I live in a house she owns. I'm poorly and can't work. However her solicitor has stated he doesn't believe me. And has constantly verbally abused me. He seems to think ive a partner and he should pay. I went in the other day to say to him I cant afford my car insurance. My mum pays me a weekly wage of £120. He said he's takening 20 pounds a week. However this is without mum's consent. And forced me to sign a hand written note. My Dad left my mum 3 million pounds. And she's prob got at least 4 million of her own. I think he's been taking money from her. Not only that he has screamed at me and I'm physically and mentally sick. I need some help please. What should I do. Cheers
Assistant: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Northern Ireland
Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I've emailed is it SRC . About it. But am thinking of going to police. Should I?
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My mum has mental health issues. She's told me she never wants to see me again. However she knows my situation and instructed me to go to him. And he basicly says the opposite says I'm a lier
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm so worried. Because of his verbal abuse to me. He's had me in tears and begging him to help me as I'm struggling
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm a only child as well if that helps

Sorry to hear about this.

You may complain against him to the Law Society of NI which is the regulatory and disciplinary body for NI solicitors.

You may also make a complaint to the police and see if they are willing to investigate and take any action.

All the best. Please click on 5 stars

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thank you so much.

You are welcome.

Please leave a positive rating so that I may close this question.