C.Cornel
C.Cornel, Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Lawyer at Legal Group
105439980

I live in the usa and need to write a will for all my assets

Customer Question

hi! i live in the usa and need to write a will for all my assets to be transferred to my uk family. how do i do this
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: no papaerwork with the uk government, i live in the usa i hav a green card
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: i have not dont know if i need a uk based lawyer or usa
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I am a uk citizen and live in the usa with a green card
Expert:  C.Cornel replied 14 days ago.

Hello.

Given your circumstances, I would strongly advise to hire a law firm to prepare all the required paperwork, as it is a fairly complicated process, if such legal services are affordable for you.

What type of assets do you want to include in the will? Real estate, cash, stocks?