Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

I have a question regarding noise complaints in a block of

I have a question regarding noise complaints in a block of flats
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: There has been one noise complaint letter, but I think the noise may of happened again. Would there be a formal warning next before eviction?
Assistant: Where is the flat located?
Customer: In a block on flats
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don’t think so

Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help with this matter. Can you give me a little bit more information please.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
of course.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
A tenant received a noise complaint letter end of last year and has since made the same noise error
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What should the next step be. An official warning?

Ultimately, yes. They will be under specific obligations in terms of their lease, one of which will likely be specifically not to be a nuisance (this has legal definition). They should be issued a warring about their behaviour and if the continue to act in this way then it can be grounds for eviction. What you will want to do is tell the landlord that you are making a further complaint as you are entitled to enjoy your home. You can ask the landlord to deal with this in the first instance. However, if they do not do such about this and the. matter continues then you can make a complaint to the police next time it happens so that your complaint has been official logged. This will also give the landlord more backing and incentive to issue a warning to the tenant. However, just for a little bit further advice, I must advise that from a landlord's point of view, it can be quite difficult to evict a tenant even when they have realistic grounds. But if you follow the procedures of complaint through then you should hopefully be able to resolve this matter. I sincerely ***** ***** luck as there is nothing worse than disruptive neighbours!

I hope this information has helped.

I would be obliged if you could Click to “accept” the answer and leave me a 5 star rating (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge.

Ross

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Tha k you for your advice.

You are welcome and best of luck with this moving forward.