Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I had a car accident on motorway the other day. I was

Hi, I had a car accident on motorway the other day. I was driving 60mph in 70mph zone in second lane of smart motorway. Lorry in front slammed brakes on and put hazards on and my choices were move into right lane but cars were there so would've had accident, slam my brakes on but was worried car would ram me into back of Lorry or move into left lane that I thought was clear. I moved over not realising a car was stopped in the left hand lane for a reason I'm unsure of. I don't believe I did anything wrong but what could I be looking at
Assistant: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: It Was near London in UK. Haven't contacted anybody
Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi thank you for your message, well it is unlikely that you will find anything happens except an insurance claim against you. That said, ti is possible the person you had an accident with could bring a civil claim and sue you, to claim damages. On a criminal side again I do not believe you will be charged with anything but you could have a charge of driving without due care or attention if it got that far but I do not consider it will. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.