Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I Have had a will done and witnessed for my father(home one)

I Have had a will done and witnessed for my father(home one) but as I am the executor can he still leave me a share with my sisters of his estate (money only - no property)
JA: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: England - Eastbourne sussex
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: what sort documents
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is the limit he can have in his bank £16,000 - No savings
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
also does the will have to be registered anywhere to make it more legal

Hi, thanks for your enquiry.

An Executor can still inherit from someone's Will and it is normal for a family member to be the Executor and one of the beneficiaries so you have nothing to worry about. The Will does not need to be registered to make it more legal but it is of course wise to keep it somewhere safe.

As regards ***** ***** question, the £16,000 significance is that you qualify for full Nursing home care fees if your capital is £16,000 or less.

I hope this assists and if so, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer with 4-5 stars.

Kind Regards Al