How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 5399
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

I need advice on something. My boyfriend ex wife but not yet

This answer was rated:

Hello, good evening. I need advice on something. My boyfriend ex wife but not yet legally separated but still on the process of divorce has been sending me messages and calling me multiple times. I felt harassed. She has left my boyfriend way before because she cheated. Now that he stated he is happy with me- she keeps on bothering him and me alot. She even threatened that she would not sign the divorce papers unless she talks to me but I don't want to talk to her. What can I do to stop this constant bother? It has affected me emotionally.
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No steps taken yet. My boyfriend called his lawyer and informed him that she would not sign the divorce papers and his lawyer said he will talk to her. They were scheduled on February 6 to go to the embassy to sign those papers. But for me I have not taken any action yet because I don't know what to do.
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live by Westbourne Park. City of westminister
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am a nurse working in one of the hospitals and I have a tier 2 visa. My boyfriend is Italian and his soon to be ex wife is Brazilian. She came to this country as his spouse but they have not been together for more than a year. She has cheated on him so he left. She left as well the place they stay and went with another man. And now when she found out he is happy with me and wants to stay with me she started to send messages to me and my boyfriend.
If you feel harrassed you should report it to the police so they can investigate. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Jeremy Aldermartin and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you.