Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

My ex wife removed herself from the land registry of our

Customer Question

My ex wife removed herself from the land registry of our family home, advised social services that she stands to receive no funds from the sale of the house and then due her mental health issues was given housing accommodation property for her and the kids. At this time we were going through divorced but she advised me she wanted no settlement or money from me as as she was not entitled to it as she had signed a disclaimer claiming she was getting no money from the sale of the property.
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I have always paid maintenance but now everyone she gets into money difficulties she claims I owe her money. Is this the case? Nothing has ever been to court
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: Not yet, I have tried to keep it between us but every now and then she gets in difficulty and brings it up.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I just wanted to know what she is entitled to and if the fact she signed some form of disclaimer stating she was getting no money bears and relevants
Expert:  Ross Miller replied 10 days ago.

Hello my name is Ross and I can help with this matter.

Firstly, is the divorce finalised? Secondly, what is she claiming she is entitled to exactly?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The divorce was finalized last June. She does not give specifics as to what she thinks she is entitled to.

If the divorce is finalised then I don't think she really has a leg to stand on. She could attempt to take you to court, but given her situation I don't believe the court would entertain it. If she was due anything then it would have been dealt with during the divorce. If she does manage to convince a solicitor to take legal action then you should easily be able to show that everything has been finalised and she is basically trying to have a "second bite at the cherry". The courts will not entertain this and any lawyer she goes to will know this. To be honest I think you will be fine in this matter. However, if for any reason she makes a claim to court I advise that you instruct a solicitor to squash it asap.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

I would be obliged if you could Click to “accept” the answer and leave me a 5 star rating (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge.

Ross

Expert:  Ross Miller replied 8 days ago.

Ross

Expert:  Ross Miller replied 4 days ago.

Ross