How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ross Miller Your Own Question
Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1825
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ross Miller is online now

I have been a Social Worker for 30 years and am Acting Team

This answer was rated:

I have been a Social Worker for 30 years and am Acting Team Manager. I am employed by the NHS. 5 members of the team have been tuppied
Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: ......Over from local authority . I asked for parity of pay but was told I am on a different contract as I was directly employed by NHS. I accepted this contract law but I have subset found out that a new member of staff (NHS contract) is on £5000 more than me. He is a male.
Assistant: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I am an employee and am in BASW
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only that another female colleague, with equal experience, who also came in on a NHS contract has been denied parity of pay. She had equal, if not more experience than our colleague, but she was denied equal pay. We are all doing the same job. Infact , the male colleague who is getting £5000, has had performance issues with complaints that he lacks experience. All senior managers are men.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you with this matter.

Thank you for the information you have provided. It seems very clear here that there clearly an equal pay matte. You have a few options however, if you are being refused the same pay then you may have to eventually move forward to an employment tribunal especially if you have already raised the matter with your employer. The new company should also not be subjecting you to a detrimental contactual term after TUPE has taken place. Before you proceed to an employment tribunal, and after an grievance with your employer, you will want to go through the Acas early conciliation process which, if not successful will furnish you with an EC certificate which you will require to take legal action. If you have a male comparator (legal comparator) then you would be able to raise a claim for equal pay consideration and I would advise you go down this route as this is legally unfair.

I hope this information has helped. If you are happy to rate this answer using the stars at the top of the page, then I can initiate a service to provide you with my company email address. We would review your claim in full and can offer no win no fee representation on these types of matter. I look forward to hearing from you.

I would be obliged if you could Click to “accept” the answer and leave me a 5 star rating (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge.

Kind regards


Ross Miller and 7 other Law Specialists are ready to help you