Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

I have a question re the purchase of a vehicle Assistant:

I have a question re the purchase of a vehicle
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Leicester
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: stated that I am contemplating a return. They have delayed contact
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and will be able to resolve your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer. However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

To enable me to answer your query, please provide me with some further information about your legal issue and how you want a lawyer to help you.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I purchased a vehicle from Sandlicliffe Nissan at the end of November (22nd roughly).
During the very short period I had it I noticed damaged paintwork, damage to the alloys, poor refurbishment on the alloys to try and hide damage.
When I tried to rectify identifier issues I was initially met with rude and unhelpful staff. I stated at this point (early December) I was looking to return the vehicle. I then recieved an apologetic call from the manager to make things right and he stated another member of staff wanted to see the wheels.
They then failed to contact me for roughly 3 weeks despite the promise of doing so.
I have become so disillusioned over this that I just want nothing to do with the car and I want to return it.
Trouble is I am aware it is over a month since purchase

Thanks for your reply.

How much did you pay for the car?

Was it in a used condition when you bought it?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I payed £28,500 for the vehicle.
I even paid out of my own pocket to have the car professionally valeted for a week to try and get rid of some of the issues...it did some. Others not.
It was a ‘19 plate demonstrator model. I was advised only used in the sales room and by the manager every now and again to drive home.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I can send pictures of the issues if required? That would identify the physical reason for wanting to return...however I have also been disgusted with the after service from staff.

You have a claim for breach of contract and breach of the sale and supply of goods and services legislation against the seller for failing to provide you with a car that was of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose.

Your remedy is a full refund on the purpose price, plus interest and legal costs.

You should reject the car by sending it back to the seller immediately, together with full and detailed written reasons for rejecting it and demanding a refund on the purchase price. The letter should be compliant with the Civil Procedure Rules 1998 Pre-Action Protocol.

If you do not get a satisfactory response from the seller, you should issue civil county court proceedings against them for damages and legal costs.

I will be delighted to act for you as your solicitor and may pass you my details for my main virtual law firm and give you further details of my fees.

I hope this resolves your enquiry. Please revert to me if you have any further questions and I will be delighted to assist.

Otherwise, I shall be grateful if you will please mark your enquiry as “Closed” and give me a “Positive” rating in order to conclude this matter.

LawyerEd

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
How do I go about sending a letter? Who do I address it to? How much detail do I need to go into?
What are your costs to represent?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Equally is there a ‘period of time’ where you can/cannot return purchases

There are plenty of useful precedent letters of claim online if you search Google.

Do not give a "blow-by-blow" account of the dispute. Just go into the bare allegations of the faults with the vehicle and why the dealer is in breach of contract. It is not wise to volunteer too much information too early as this will give the other party the chance to massage their evidence in response.

The Just Answer agreement does not permit me to divulge my practising details and costs until you accept a Premium Service Phone Call.

Do you still need expert assistance in this matter?

Please revert to me if you have any further questions and I will be delighted to assist.

LawyerEd