12826847

Two months ago money was paid by my Bank to a recipient I

Customer Question

Two months ago money was paid by my Bank to a recipient I had never heard of, this purporting to be by one of my cheques, which I had in fact destroyed. I spoke by phone to someone in their Fraud department, achieving nothing, then wrote to the Bank, was promised a reply within a fortnight, have sent two reminders since. NIX! So: can I make a formal: if so, how?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: At my home in Sevenoaks, Kent, where I have lived since 1963
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Only what I have named so far. The letter I sent the Bank was, I think, pretty comprehensive (but polite) -- pity I can't send you copy (or can I?)
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't think of anything (except the letter contents)
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 6 months ago.

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and will be able to resolve your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer. However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

To enable me to answer your query, please provide me with some further information about your legal issue and how you want a lawyer to help you.

How much did your bank pay out in error?

Do you still need expert assistance in this matter?

Please provide me with the further information I have requested in order that I may answer your question.