How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 37854
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Two months ago money was paid by my Bank to a recipient I

Customer Question

Two months ago money was paid by my Bank to a recipient I had never heard of, this purporting to be by one of my cheques, which I had in fact destroyed. I spoke by phone to someone in their Fraud department, achieving nothing, then wrote to the Bank, was promised a reply within a fortnight, have sent two reminders since. NIX! So: can I make a formal: if so, how?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: At my home in Sevenoaks, Kent, where I have lived since 1963
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Only what I have named so far. The letter I sent the Bank was, I think, pretty comprehensive (but polite) -- pity I can't send you copy (or can I?)
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't think of anything (except the letter contents)
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 6 months ago.

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and will be able to resolve your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer. However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 6 months ago.

To enable me to answer your query, please provide me with some further information about your legal issue and how you want a lawyer to help you.

How much did your bank pay out in error?

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 6 months ago.

Do you still need expert assistance in this matter?

Please provide me with the further information I have requested in order that I may answer your question.