Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

I have a situation. I have a client who purchased a car from

Hi, I have a situation. I have a client who purchased a car from me.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: And the car was due to be delivered in December, however I delayed until Jan - 90% of the car was paid for on the 11th December, however I was due to pay the balance with 10 days. I told a white lie to client to say that the dealership was waiting for cable. The client was ok however the driver called the dealership to ask about the vehicle and the dealership disclosed tgat the car was ready to be delivered - I thought that the dealership was shot allowed to disclose any information to a third party because of data protection. The client has giving me a deadline of Thursday to deliver car - which I am trying to arrange, however if I miss his deadline by a day or two where do I stand?
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Can they cancel order? And can they claim it's fraud?
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and will be able to resolve your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer. However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I do not require a premium service call

If you fail to deliver the car by the delivery day, and this was a term of the contract rather than an estimate, you may be in repudiatory breach of the sale agreement with the customer entitling them to accept the breach, refuse delivery of the car and demand a refund of the purchase price they have so far paid to you.

I would be as honest and apologetic as possible to the customer and hopefully they will accept delivery a few days late rather than sue you for breach of contract and a refund on their deposit.

I hope this resolves your enquiry. Please revert to me if you have any further questions and I will be delighted to assist.

Otherwise, I shall be grateful if you will please mark your enquiry as “Closed” and give me a “Positive” rating in order to conclude this matter.

LawyerEd

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I will definitely try and resolve the issue without and further ramifications, but there was never a fixed period or date. It was an estimate and it is not stipulated in any of the terms also there is no mention of any late penalties
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
secondly my company is incorporated in the UAE and I work out of London, if worst case they decide to cancel etc do they have sue in UAE or can they still sue in UK

It will depend on the written contract's express legal jurisdiction. If the services are being provided in England and Wales, then it is likely that the governing law and courts will be in England and Wales. However, I need to see the full contract.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
there was no contract just a quote and invoice was issued, there are no stipulated terms. I have done business with them in past - no hiccups. So there are no terms and on invoice and quote it states that the company is registered in the UAE, with full details.

In that case the parties will probably be free to choose the jurisdiction. However, if the contract was performed in this country and the other party is based in this country and they issue court proceedings in this country, the courts of this country will almost certainly be prepared to judge the claim.

I believe that I have answer your question in full. Please give me a five star rating in order to conclude this thread. :)

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Noted - if I require additional advise, but want to utilise the premium phone service, how do I request you? Because I will know by Thursday if the issue has been resolved or not.