INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I got a question regarding overdue refunds Basically... I am

Good morning, My name is***** got a question regarding overdue refunds Basically...
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am owed a refund of just over 1300 pound from an insurance company/insurance broker. They told me I need to wait 60 days for it and it was due on 03.01.2020 and I still didn't get it. I have dropped the few emails but they don't look very bothered to process it. Is there any way I could put some pressure on them i.e by adding intrest or anything like that?
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: sent some emails but the broker says they have not received money from insurance company yet
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: what sort of charges, interests I can apply to motivate them to process a refund

Thank you for your query. I would suggest that you write to the insurance company and demand payment within 14 days failing which you will issue legal proceedings. If at the end of the 14 days, you have not received the refund, you will have to issue your claim.

You will be able to do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you for the answer. Just one more question, if tomorrow there will be 14 days overdue can I demand it to be paid by the end of tomorrow and if it's not start a legal proceedings or do I need to give the written 14 days notice?

You will need to give them 14 days notice in writing.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.