Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer
31642296

Pleae cold you offer some advise. I have currenlty just left

Customer Question

Hi Pleae cold you offer some advise. I have currenlty just left a 7 year relationship. I have lived in my ex partners house under his teancey for the asy 7 years. Now the relationship has ended, i have had to move out of his house with my 3 chrildren and currenly staying at my dads. However space is short and my dads has said i cant stay there for long. I work full time but money is still tight and i cant afford the upfront costs for private renting and i just dont know where to turn or where to go. Please cn you help me?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: im in Welling borough Northants
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i dont know where to start or how to contact. Ihave looked at private rent houses but just cant afford the upfront costs
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Im not sure what you mean.
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 7 months ago.

Hi How can I help?

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 7 months ago.

How old are your children?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
12 year old BOy, 6 year old girl and 4 year old boy
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 7 months ago.

I see you need to approach your local council and explain your situation and circumstances. Given that your children are young they should have a duty to accommodate under the Children’s Act. However they would need to asses everything and decide.

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 7 months ago.

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 7 months ago.

I would be grateful if you would give me positive rating by clicking on the above and press submit