LegalNinja
LegalNinja, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
103518254

Is a legal firm regulated by the SRA required to ask for

Is a legal firm regulated by the SRA required to ask for proof of id before acting on a persons behalf in any PPI claim. Does this still apply if it was an online form filled in?
Assistant: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in N Ireland but firm is based in England. Thanks. Alison
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I filled in an online form and then received no communication from them after an initial response for over 6 weeks. I was not asked for proof of id. When I emailed them they have not responded to my query. Thanks
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I dont think so.

Yes it is required for the firm to carry out their checks and to comply with laws relating to anti-money laundering. The fact that they have taken so long to come back to you is an issue regarding their service than anything else.

Is there anything else I can clarify?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No thankyou for your help.

It's a pleasure.

I would be grateful for a 5 star rating at the top of your screen for my time. It is important to leave a rating as is how Experts are are credited for their time.

All the best.

-LN