Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

Please see the letter below that I received from my

HelloPlease see the letter below that I received from my employer, the following is in regards ***** ***** submission of expenses.Subsequently I submitted my expenses in accordance with point 2. By the 9th of January.Having read the letter it is of my opinion that if I submitted my expenses by the 9th of January, all points afterwards would be disregarded due to the terminology and the way the letter was written?My employer are not going back on the this letter saying what they actually meant was they want all the bullet points done as well? But to me the letter clearly says if I adhere to point 2 it will be resolved.A little background on my story is my employer have been trying to get rid of me for 2/3 years after I submitted a grievance against my top boos for bully, setting me up to fail etc.. and I won on all grounds. Since then they’ve been trying to make life as difficult as possible. I’m a mobile radiographer and work all over the north of the U.K. from Leeds > Sunderland> Liverpool to Grimsby and for this reason we have a company car and fuel card. If these were to be taken away from me it would make my job almost impossible to do via catching public transport, hence the company car.Many thanks :)

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No problem, ask away

Thanks for getting in touch. I am in court today but will get back to you with my answer at the earliest opportunity. Many thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No problem sir. Hope you have a pleasant day.

Thank you. The way the letter reads is that unless you submit your mileage claims by the 9th Jan, you must return the car on the next day, that being the 10th Jan. Then once the car is in their possession you must meet all the requirements in the bullet points in order to get it back. If I was in your position I would have interpreted the letter in the same way

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My thoughts aline with yours. They are now pressuring me to give the car back to them. Once I do this, even though I believe I’m in the right, they will make it incredibly difficult for me to get the car back and also do to my job, therefor questioning my positions and the ability to do my job properly, they have already hinted at this in previous emails. I haven’t insured any points, I’ve submitted my expenses, and trying to sort out parking fines which they are incredibly unhelpful about, all in all it’s of my opinion that they are trying to force me out.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
They have now threaten to uninsured the car, when I made the point of the letter and how it was phrased etc.. I can’t win!

You may not be able to but that is where the constructive dismissal option would come in, which I think we may have discussed previously. You may have to eventually draw a line under all of this and consider whether your job is untenable and resign to proceed down the constructive dismissal route

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My job is most certainly untenable, and has been since 2016/17, the only thing that has kept me in the job is my colleagues but they’re dropping like flies, I’m already in the process of leaving the medical field as a whole. It’s unfortunate as I use to love my job. I think I will seek the dismissal route I have enough evidence collect over the last few years of when it exactly started and their attempts. Many thanks again for your help :)!

Most welcome