How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10602
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

Assistant: How can I help? we have building guarantee for

Customer Question

Good morning,
Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: we have building guarantee for our house till 2021
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: our main entrance porch in very dangerous position and we try to solve this problem since July 2019 with our home insurance but they told us after two mons that this is not covered by insurance because this is structural mistake,now we make claim to our building guarantee and we still awaiting for any answer from them.The question it’s about there any ways how to speed up prices because we are nervous about this dangerous situation
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: KT130QW
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 7 months ago.

Hello, this is Jim and I am a dual-qualified lawyer (UK and Republic of Ireland) and happy to help you today.

The way to speed up the process would be to write a letter of complaint to the guarantee company and threaten a report to the Property Ombudsman ( Another option would be to obtain a quote for repairs, then send the company a letter before action to threaten court proceedings unless they deal with this quickly (due to the danger posed by the property being in disrepair).

Which option would you prefer?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I think it’s best ombudsman
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 7 months ago.

Yes, agreed. If you speak to the Ombudsman assuming the company still delay - I would recommend you write a strongly-worded letter to the company, point out the property is in disrepair and you will take legal action should they continue to delay.

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 7 months ago.

I can review a letter you want to put together for them if that helps.

Is there anything else I can assist with?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can you please help me to write later (example)
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 7 months ago.

Hi there, I can review and make suggestions but I can't write it for you (this being a question and answer platform) and solicitor-client relationships are not permitted either. But by all means, I can review it and make suggestions to make it more effective.

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 7 months ago.

I hope I have answered your question. Let me know if anything requires clarification. In the meantime if you could either leave a star rating, or reply “yes”, I would be very grateful.

Many thanks,


Expert:  JimLawyer replied 7 months ago.

Morning, is there anything else I can help with?