JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

Assistant: How can I help? we have building guarantee for

Customer Question

Good morning,
Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: we have building guarantee for our house till 2021
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: our main entrance porch in very dangerous position and we try to solve this problem since July 2019 with our home insurance but they told us after two mons that this is not covered by insurance because this is structural mistake,now we make claim to our building guarantee and we still awaiting for any answer from them.The question it’s about there any ways how to speed up prices because we are nervous about this dangerous situation
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: KT130QW
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 7 months ago.

Hello, this is Jim and I am a dual-qualified lawyer (UK and Republic of Ireland) and happy to help you today.

The way to speed up the process would be to write a letter of complaint to the guarantee company and threaten a report to the Property Ombudsman (https://www.tpos.co.uk/consumers/how-to-make-a-complaint). Another option would be to obtain a quote for repairs, then send the company a letter before action to threaten court proceedings unless they deal with this quickly (due to the danger posed by the property being in disrepair).

Which option would you prefer?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I think it’s best ombudsman

Yes, agreed. If you speak to the Ombudsman assuming the company still delay - I would recommend you write a strongly-worded letter to the company, point out the property is in disrepair and you will take legal action should they continue to delay.

I can review a letter you want to put together for them if that helps.

Is there anything else I can assist with?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can you please help me to write later (example)

Hi there, I can review and make suggestions but I can't write it for you (this being a question and answer platform) and solicitor-client relationships are not permitted either. But by all means, I can review it and make suggestions to make it more effective.

I hope I have answered your question. Let me know if anything requires clarification. In the meantime if you could either leave a star rating, or reply “yes”, I would be very grateful.

Many thanks,

Jim

Morning, is there anything else I can help with?