How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 69287
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I am currently employed in the private sector, I am not a

This answer was rated:

I am currently employed in the private sector, I am not a union member, I can I get a union rep?
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I don't believe our HR team can, help, and I do not have a lawyer
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I am employed and have been for the last 19 years with the same company
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have an internal disciplinary hearing on Wednesday and I need some help...

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks Be, awaiting your questions...

What would you like to ask about the hearing and please also explain the circumstances that have led to this?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
An allegation has been made against me about sharing inappropriate/offensive photos of women's cleavage on a company issued cell phone. Also inappropriate/offensive language (titties/boobies) whilst sharing the photos

Do you deny these allegations and what is your specific question in relation to this please? Can you also tell me how long you have worked for this employer?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will be denying all allegations. need to know what to do at the disciplinary hearing scheduled for Wednesday 15th.. I was worked for this a company for almost 19 years!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello Ben, Are you still there?

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Okay Ben!.Thank you..

Many thanks for your patience. If you are not a union member then it is unlikely that you can get a union rep by simply joining a union now. That is because most unions require you to have been a member for a minimum period of time, before you are allowed to use such benefits like getting a representative to accompany you to meetings.

One other option is to get a ‘pay as you go’ rep and there are a couple of organisations which offer such a service:

Slater and Gordon are a national law firm, which provides what they call an Executive Reps service, where they can supply you with a recognised representative to accompany you at a formal hearing. They can be contacted on 0330(###) ###-####

The other firm is Castle Associates, which provides a similar service:

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I believe so... Thank you

All the best

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

No worries

Ben Jones and other Law Specialists are ready to help you