31090051

My husband has been sent a citation to attend the court in

My husband has been sent a citation to attend the court in Tenerife. We were robbed approx 3 years ago and reported this to the police at the time. We are now worried and confusd to what we do.
Assistant: Where is your husband? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: We live in Ayrshire Scotland
Assistant: What steps has your husband taken so far?
Customer: No going we just received rh is tv rough email at the weekend. My daughter translated the letter. My friend works on a local solicitor office and she asked for advice on our part and they thought that we needed to attend
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes. My husband is self employed and has work commitments the court date we reviewed is the 6th February. Ask my daughter is due her first baby and is moving house and we feel that we need to be here for her

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. The court in Tenerife does not have jurisdiction to cite some who lives in Scotland as a witness so it’s up to you if you go or not. If you decide not to go, the accused person will of course not be convicted, becasue I assume your evidence is curcial to the prosecution. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited by JustAnswer for helping you today.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The citations does say that if I do not attend I will be charged €5000. I know they dont have any bank details. Just to check thanks
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Just checking thanks

The citation is a standard document which they will use over there. My point to you is that legally they don’t have the power to cite a witness outwith their own jurisdiction.