31090051

We have a claim for negligence against our solicitor. We are

Hi we have a claim for negligence against our solicitor . We are also seeking return of costs . He moved firms during our case and the previous firm has closed subsequently. Is his current firm also potentially liable for the earlier costs too?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Scotland but the case is against London lawyers under English law
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have made a written formal complaint which had been referred to their pi insurers and am now drafting a letter of claim . I have identified 155 emails of supporting evidence supporting our claim .
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the claim for professional negligence is focussed on the fact we needed ATE insurance to pursue our 61% success opinion case (QC) but through his “ actions and conduct “ ( errors and delays ) he breached this contract so we couldn’t continue . This fact confirmed in writing by the ATE insurer .

Thanks for your question. The second firm is not liable for the failings of the first but the first will have been insured so even if the firm has closed their insurance should still cover them. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited by JustAnswer for helping you today.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you .

Your welcome. Don’t forget to leave a positive rating on the star rating system so that I am credited by JustAnswer for helping you today.