Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Can an adult be prosecuted for making malicious falsehoods

Hi there, can an adult be prosecuted for making malicious falsehoods about a child? Thank you in advance.
Assistant: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Surrey
Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: None as I wasn’t sure which steps to take, it’s only come to my attention as of yesterday.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I’m pretty sure it’s a case of jealousy. My daughter has done particularly well at ballet this year. Another Mother has reported my daughter to the ballet teacher for bullying and that the school were aware she was a bully and were dealing with her as such, which is completely untrue. I fear for my daughter’s reputation.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Can you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Before I spend any more time on this I would just like to know IF it’s worth our while, hope you understand. So can we press charges or simply stop someone from spreading lies which are damaging to a child’s reputation- defamation of character if you like. Thanks very much in advance. Kind regards

I need to know the background about this before I can give you an initial view.

I will call shortly, will show as withheld