Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

My nephew was half asleep and dazed when he had to say

My nephew was half asleep and dazed when he had to say guilty or not guilty so he did not respond . so his barrister said no plea. if he had made a plea would his case have been heard and it not go to crown court.Also the judge asked the barrister if he wanted to say anything when my nephew was accused of hitting someone with out provocation. The barrister said nothing but my nephew was provoked his dog was attacked by the man he hit. Again had the barrister spoken up would the case have been prevented from going to crown court?.

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Just to be clear, he was in Court but fell asleep?

Why did he fall asleep, was it not interested?
I assume the Barrister had a conference with him beforehand and took instructions?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
He was asleep waiting to go in and plea it took 5 people to wake him up. No the barrister did not talk to him before he went in to plea

WHat is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
sorry i can't talk i have lost my voice and asking on behalf of my sister which is difficult. she wants to know if his case could have been prevented from going to crown court if he had made a plea and the truth is he was provoked not sure why the barrister did not say this. would it go better for him if he had pleaded one way or another

But he accepts me didnt actually enter a plea?

If it goes to Crown Court and he pleads guilty, he will get maximum credit.

So I dont really see what the issue is?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
what is credit
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
the point is if he pleaded at magistrates court he would have got longer of his sentance would he not

Credit means discount on sentence.

No Magistrates Court have still sent to Crown Court for sentence,