How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalNinja Your Own Question
LegalNinja, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 862
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
LegalNinja is online now

Can I change the name on our housedeeds, Oxford, none, no

This answer was rated:

Can I change the name on our housedeeds
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Oxford
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no


I will be assisting you. When you say change name, do you mean transferring the property to someone else?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
At the moment it is in joint names myself and my husband but we want his name taken off the deeds
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just need to know if this is possible at this stage

Is there a mortgage on the property?

Hello, are you still there?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
there is

OK, you will need to contact your mortgage Lender and advise that you wish to transfer the property. The Lender will advise of their requirements which may include the Lender requiring you to sign a new mortgage deed in your sole name.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok and thankyou

It's a pleasure.

I would be grateful for a 5 star rating at the top of your screen for my time. It is important to leave a rating as is how Experts are are credited for their time.

All the best.


LegalNinja and other Law Specialists are ready to help you