Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

I have been continually billed for a meter I do not have,

I have been continually billed for a meter I do not have, from Scottish Power. This has been going on for approx 2 years. My energy supplier has ways been Scottish Hydro Electric and paid on time by DD through my wife's account. Scottish Power insist I owe them in excess of £2000.00 and seem to think I have moved to love with my grandmother in law who is 93, and employed LCS to issue a collection letter to her address
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Averdeenshire
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Tried to persuade Scott Power that I do not have this meter three times, invited them to the property to prove what meters I do have, and who they belong too. Today, their customer service line is unavailable
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: This has all stemmed from a failed change in energy supplier. I think Scott Power took over Sparks Energy accounts as this palava started about the same time
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm how have you contacted them?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
By phone to the customer care dept. And once to the customer complaints which came to nothing, if any thing made oot worse. They just don't listen.
Hi, thank you for your message. I would advise that you write a formal letter setting out your claim and attaching any evidence you have. You should make the complaint using their complaint procedures. At the end of the letter state that if you do not hear back in 14 days you will take legal action. If you would like to instruct a solicitor to write the letter on your behalf you can find a solicitor by using the law society find a solicitor link here:https://solicitors.lawsociety.org you will be able to search by area and expertise. You can also make a formal complaint to an ombudsman who will investigate the matter with the aim to make things right. They may also award compensation. You can find an ombudsman here: http://www.ombudsmanassociation.org
I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you, especially for the ombudsman link. I'm in the process of getting letter to complaints drafted. Best regards JL