JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

PRG-001 / PRJ-001 / Wk02 / 13-01-2020 / ESTABLISHING LEVEL

PRG-001 / PRJ-001 / Wk02 / 13-01-2020 / ESTABLISHING LEVEL OF SOLVENCYHello,It’s my intent to make a claim against a Landlord and it’s been suggested to me that before instructing a solicitor to act on my behalf, it is a good idea to determine the level of solvency of the Landlord.This seems sensible. Is this something you would advise and how might I be able to determine his level of solvency. Incidentally, I’m aware he operates a number of rental properties and perhaps owns them outright etc.Please advise further.

Hello, this is Jim and I am a dual-qualified lawyer (UK and Republic of Ireland) and happy to help you today.

Yes, it is a good idea so that if you win, you have a prospect of recovering the money from the landlord. You would ideally need someone to investigate them and I can recommend BNH Associates, which is an agency run by ex-Police. They can trace people and they should also be able to investigate for you and give you the information you need.

Their website is http://www.bnhassociates.com

The other way to check is do a 192.com search, see which properties they are affiliated to, then do land registry searches against their properties to see if they own them. I would go with the BNH route as they aren't too expensive and are very thorough.

I hope this helps – if you can please give a positive rating by clicking 5 stars (at the top of your screen), I can answer any follow up questions at no extra charge and I will be credited for helping you today.

Many thanks,

Jim

I hope I have answered your question. Let me know if anything requires clarification. In the meantime if you could either leave a star rating, or reply “yes”, I would be very grateful.

Many thanks,

Jim