Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

Regarding legal aid, the firm requires 3 month bank

Customer Question

Regarding legal aid, the firm requires 3 month bank statements. Who will the bank’s statement information be shared with? Is it shared only with my solicitor/Paralegal in the film or is it reported to be documented in the government record? Thanks a lot!
Expert:  Stuart J replied 5 months ago.

The bank statements would normally be provided to the Legal Aid Board. Is that a problem?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don’t think there should be an issue but I will have to take care of anything I provide that will potentially become official document? As I’m staying in the uk for a pretty long period and looking the possibility of a 10year settlement, I do have the concern as if my case is documented in record in the government system, then all provided information might have to be taken care as any record shell affect decisions? I’m looking to apply for legal aid help to file a claim but concern about how information is shared and documented.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 5 months ago.

If there is nothing untoward in the bank statements, then obviously there is nothing to worry about. Kind regards